Walker Lake Golf Course
THE DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH OF THE SIERRA NEVADA DESERT
WALKER LAKE GOLF COURSE IS A CASH ONLY FACILITY. WE DO NOT ACCEPT DEBIT, CREDIT OR ANY OTHER FORMS OF PAYMENT BESIDES CASH.
Below is the official rules and information regarding the opening:
All personnel will have to go through the installation vetting and screening process to enter the Hawthorne Army Depot (HWAD).
Walker Lake Golf Course is OPEN to the public after the vetting process is completed for all players. The vetting through the Hawthorne Army Depot is good for 1 year from time of vetting.
While our course is open, we must comply with strict guidelines provided by the Governor, and the USG so that we can provide a quality outdoor experience to those that are looking to golf at the WLGC.
We have taken actions to make everyone feel safe and healthy during their time at the WLGC and are creating a level of safety through each human contact point of our service. Signage will be placed around the course to remind golfers of the operational changes and ways to promote safe practices while on the course. We want to limit congregating on the tee boxes or greens, no handshakes and maintain social distancing between players.
Below are steps to increase the health, safety and smooth process for your experience:
• During Check in at the Club House – Our goal is to make the check in process as quick as possible for everyone involved. To ensure customer safety, customers will not be allowed in the WLGC clubhouse. All golfers will schedule and pay at the window on the back side of the clubhouse. In order to shorter personal interaction time at the check in counter, we ask that customers arriving in groups of 2 or more send one person up to the window to pay for the group while the others remain at least 6 feet away, practicing social distancing. When checking in, face coverings/masks must be worn at all times while at the window. SOC will sanitize and disinfect the check in area on a regular basis throughout the day. Retail from the golf shop will become limited to what is behind the counter and we will have a single point of contact - ball, gloves, etc.
There will be no less than 15 minutes between tee-times in order to ensure that we do not have people congregating at the tee boxes. We are encouraging golfers to limit the size of their groups to 2 unless they are from the same household.
Tournaments will not be allowed at WLGC until further notice, to include league play. Any violations of this rule will result in individuals being asked to leave the course, without refunds.
• Locker Room Access – During this time, all access to the locker rooms will be suspended. If you have items you may need, please contact the club house attendant for access to retrieve your items.
We are asking that members remove all belongings that may be needed, as locker rooms will not be open at this time.
• Walking/Golf Carts and Golf Course – It is obviously easier to keep “social distance” if you’re walking the golf course. Golf cart rentals will be single rider only - unless household occupants. The idea is to stay out of the range of others.
We will be removing the sand/seed bottles from each cart
but will leave the ball/club washer. Rakes have been removed from bunkers and we will be removing the flags as well as inverting the cups to eliminate players reaching in to retrieve their ball.
WLGC will not be renting golf clubs until further notice. We would ask that golfers smooth out their footprints as best
as possible after entering and exiting a bunker. In addition, we will disinfect and sanitize each cart in between rounds, including each club/ball washer.
• Food & Beverage – All beverages from the coolers will only be handled by a WLGC club house attendant. There will be no heated food or beverages served. In addition, we will not provide cart coolers for any beverages purchased from the club house.
• Driving Range/Putting Green – Balls will be dispensed in the golf shop and buckets will be cleaned between customers. Driving Range hitting stations must be a minimum of six (6) feet apart. Please leave your range baskets on the range. Putting Green flags will be removed and we encourage golfers to use their putters to retrieve the ball from the cup to limit contact.
• Cleaning and Sanitizing – There will be a heightened frequency of disinfecting for high touch areas such as restroom sinks and basins, doorknobs, counter tops, etc. It is our intention that if it’s touched, we will wipe it with disinfectant to the best of our ability. At this time we are limiting the use of the restrooms to one person at a time.
• Staff - Our employees are committed to use common sense and best practices including hand washing, non-contact greeting, social distancing and high levels of personal hygiene.
What you can do to help yourself and everyone else at the golf course:
• Limit contact with your fellow playing partners.
• Keep your distance from groups outside your own and remember “social distancing” of at least 6 feet.
• Please do not golf if you are not feeling well.
• Get in, get out and keep your time in the clubhouse to the least amount of time as possible.
• Golfers are encouraged to retrieve their own ball.
• All golfers should keep their own scorecard.
• Use of hand sanitizer is encouraged during and at the conclusion of each round.
• Please get ready at your vehicle, away from other golfers.
We will be constantly monitoring the changing developments of the Coronavirus outbreak. We are
paying close attention to what the Centers for Disease Control, World Health Organization and local health administrators are relaying to the public for everyone’s safety. The health and safety of our Members, Guests and Employees is our number one priority. We’ll continue to monitor the coronavirus crisis with the intention of doing what’s right for the health and safety of everyone.
We truly appreciate your help and understanding during this very difficult time.
SOC Management Team